In memory of former Board and Trustee member, Pat McGrath, the Workers’ History Museum is offering an annual scholarship of $1,000 to a person with disabilities studying at a university or community college.
Scholarship Application Form
- Brief statements from two (2) persons with whom you have studied during the past year, containing their general evaluation of your work;
- Proof of registration with the name of the university or community college you willbe attending must be submitted with your application. Attendance shall be verified before the granting of the award;
- Confirmation of your status as a person with a disability;
- A one thousand (1,000) word to two thousand (2,000) word essay or submission in an audio, visual (painting, drawing, sculpture or photograph) or video format on one of the topics below. (If your submission is visual, please provide an explanation of how it meets the topic).
Note: All essays and submissions become the property of the Workers’ History Museum.
- Labour’s contribution to the community.
- A labour history project within our mandate:
- To develop and support a community museum and projects, which celebrate, interpret, examine, and preserve the history of working people in the National Capital Region and Ottawa Valley.
- To examine our local history in a national and international context when appropriate, prepare exhibits, organize events, provide education programs, and collect and disseminate information on workers’ organizations.
- To identify and record places important to workers’ history in an effort to preserve their significance.
The Workers’ History Museum will form a committee to review the essays and submissions based on the following:
- Essay or submission by the applicant;
- Statement pertaining to your program and career plans; and
- Statement of your community involvement, if applicable.
Preference may be given to people entering their second or later year of university or community.
All documents MUST be supplied with your application, otherwise it will be considered incomplete. Your application MUST be postmarked by no later than November 1st.
Completed application forms should be mailed to:
Workers’ History Museum
PO Box 4461, Station E
Ottawa ON K1S 5B4